LONDON, Dec. 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — This BCC Research report deals exclusively with wireless technologies employed in the personal area network (PAN) and local area network (LAN) topologies. It forecasts the market size of wireless sensors from 2015 to 2021.
Use this report to:
– Classify the market size for wireless sensor devices by end-vertical applications in terms of dollar and unit sales.
– Analyze the challenges posed by technology issues e.g., power management.
– Analyze the challenges posed by business issues e.g., multiplicity of wireless standards and technologies.
– Gain insight into the innovative activities that impact wireless sensors.
– The global market for wireless sensor devices will grow from nearly $2.4 billion in 2016 to nearly $7.7 billion by 2021 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 26.7% for the period of 2016-2021.
– The home automation and other indoor applications market is the largest segment of the overall global market and will grow from $967 million in 2016 to nearly $2.7 billion by 2021, with a CAGR of 22.4%.
– The energy infrastructure market is expected to increase from $601 million in 2016 to $1.9 billion by 2021, with a CAGR of 26.5%.
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
This study’s goals and objectives include:
– Forecasting the market size for wireless sensor devices in terms of dollar and unit sales.
– Classifying the market size for wireless sensor devices by end-vertical applications in terms of dollar and unit sales.
– Classifying the market size for wireless sensor devices for individual end-vertical applications by various parameters measured in terms of dollar and unit sales.
– Classifying the market size for wireless sensor devices for individual end-vertical applications by region in terms of dollar and unit sales.
– Classifying the market size for wireless sensor devices for individual end-vertical applications by wireless technologies in terms of dollar and unit sales.
– Classifying the market size for wireless sensor devices for individual wireless technologies in terms of dollar and unit sales by end-vertical applications.
– Analyzing the challenges posed by technology issues (e.g., power management) and the steps taken by industry stakeholders to counter these challenges.
– Analyzing the challenges posed by business issues (e.g., multiplicity of wireless standards and technologies) and the steps taken by industry stakeholders to counter these challenges.
– Highlighting the roles played by major stakeholders and players.
– Providing an overview of the activities of influential companies.
– Examining crucial innovative breakthroughs by means of a detailed patent analysis.
SCOPE OF THE REPORT
This report presents the forecast for wireless sensor devices for 2016 through 2021 based on estimated volume and manufacturers’ total revenues. These forecasts are further broken down by the various parameters that can be measured by the sensors, end applications and region.
The report covers the following parameters that can be measured by wireless sensor devices:
– Chemical composition.
– Biological characteristics.
– Motion and position.
– Surveillance and image.
The end-vertical application breakdown includes:
– Industrial installations.
– Energy infrastructure.
– Ecology and agriculture.
– Logistics and transport.
– Defense and surveillance.
– Home automation and other indoor applications.
The regional breakdown focuses on:
– Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
– Asia-Pacific region (APAC).
Covered wireless technologies and standards include:
– Bluetooth and Bluetooth Smart.
– RFID (e.g., NFC).
– Wi-Fi and 6LoWPAN.
– ZigBEE and RF4CE.
– Other 802.15.4-based technologies (e.g., EnOcean, Z-Wave, WirelessHART,
The Executive Summary chapter provides an end-application domain-wise breakdown of the dollar sales of wireless sensor devices. The Overview chapter deals with the fundamentals of sensors and introduces the various measurable parameters. It also covers the major technological and business challenges confronting the wireless sensor domain and introduces the concepts of energy harvesting. The chapter familiarizes the reader with the leading wireless PAN and LAN technologies and standards.
The Global Markets chapter deals exclusively with quantitative forecasts with a special focus on the application of sensors. After providing a broad breakdown of the global market for wireless sensors, this section provides an overview of the astonishing body of use cases for wireless sensors and gives a detailed breakdown of the sensor market along these domains. The chapter also includes a wireless-technology-specific analysis of the wireless sensor market. The Major Players chapter covers the extremely well-populated landscape of the wireless sensor ndustry. It identifies and explains the major stakeholder categories and then analyzes the initiatives undertaken by key companies.
The U.S. Patent Analysis chapter covers innovative activities that impact wireless sensors. Patents are also categorized in terms of application and architecture, as well as timing, assignee countries and assignee organizations.
Both primary and secondary research methodologies were used in preparing this report. BCC Research presents an analysis across the global market for wireless sensor devices employed in PANs and LANs based on reported revenue dollars and units shipped. This report also analyzes data gathered from various research sources via the internet. Interviews were conducted with well-placed industry sources.
Referenced sources include:
– Primary research, including interviews with experts from companies operating in the handset and waveform domains.
– Published industry data.
– Shipment reports of non-listed companies.
– 10-K reports.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/2354695/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/wireless-sensors-technologies-and-global-markets-300378584.html